To be people with a burning desire to glorify God and make His love known, having a ‘Hunger for God’ and a ‘Heart for People’.
We believe that Meadows Community Church should be:
- A church that is totally devoted to glorifying God, having a life energized by the Holy Spirit’s power.
- A church which loves God’s Word and devotes itself to its teaching, meditating on it, studying it and living by it.
- A church where people demonstrate their love for each other. A radical love where masks are removed and lives shared. Where people laugh, cry, pray, sing and serve together in authentic Christian fellowship. Where those who have more share with those who have less.
- A church where we see God moving in miraculous ways, where people become filled with awe and wonder and praise God for all His marvellous works.
- A church which reaches out to the poor and needy, expressing God’s love to them in practical ways.
- A church which reaches out into the community, looking to God to draw many people into the kingdom.
- A church which offers unbelievers a vision of life that is so beautiful it takes their breath away.
We believe that:
- Godliness is more important than gifting
- The message is more important than the method
- Relationship is more important than ritual
- People are more important than programmes
- Character is more important than reputation